Money troubles interfere with the academic performance of about one-third of all college students, and a similar number of students regularly skip buying required academic materials because of the costs, according to a survey released on Thursday.
- Ken D'Ambrosio on removing illegal bytes for encoding in ruby 1.9+ strings
- Look to the present of libraries to see the future | Donna Lanclos–The Anthropologist in the Stacks on One scenario for the death of the academic library
- Multi-threaded use of Rails ActiveRecord 3.0-3.1 | Bibliographic Wilderness on ActiveRecord Concurrency in Rails4: Avoid leaked connections!
- UIUC and Academic Freedom | Bibliographic Wilderness on Academic freedom in Israel and Palestine
- ActiveRecord Concurrency in Rails4: Avoid leaked connections! | Bibliographic Wilderness on state of ActiveRecord and concurrency, another update
- Unicode Normalization Form and libraries in Ruby | もぐログ on Benchmarking ruby Unicode normalization alternatives
- Rendera vyer i Rails är slött | on rails3 unbearably slow view rendering: use REE with GC tuning
- Jagroop Singh Buttar on A spell-suggest service from Yahoo